- Program Guide
- Contact swag providers
- A/V - availability; a volunteer
- housing: Blackwell; offsite; volunteer
- venue: parking; an "ops" room / area; borrowing registration table; floorplan
- Staff (Volunteers)
See notes from the PyOhio planning huddle at PyCon 2009
Attendees should get a handout describing:
- what Open Spaces are & how to participate
- scheduled talks with their abstracts
- other conferences of interest - Penguicon and Ohio Day of .NET have already agreed to promote PyOhio in their program guides, and we'll reciprocate
- library map
Shouldn't be necessary, since we're trying to go without a budget. However, if any sponsors do appear, there are some things they could do for us:
- Buying lunch or snacks
- Swag or door prizes
- Paying for a locale (if all else fails)
- a Kinko's (or whatnot) card for our program guides / handouts
- Paying for an after-party
So far, the following sponsors have (contacted us out of the blue and) volunteered to provide goodies:
Apress will send books and swag
Python Magazine will send magazines and run an online ad
WearPython will send swag
Thanks very much!
Everybody should help publicize PyOhio! Materials to do so are here.
Announcements should go to:
- python-announce-list: Done
- PyCon blog: Done
- COLUG: Done
- Dayton Microcomputer Association
- Everybody's blogs, of course
- Columbus Ruby Brigade: Done
- NOOSS: Done
- OSU Open Source Club: Done
- Cleveland Flex Users Group
- MichiPUG: Done
- Akron/Canton LUG
- Cleveland Ruby Group
- .Net / Java Groups?
- Rubbercity Perl Mongers?
- Event calendars: Mostly done
- This Week in Django podcast: done
- WCBE, WOSU event calendar
PyOhio, the first annual Python programming miniconference for Ohio and surrounding areas, will take place Saturday, July 26, in Columbus, OH.
The conference is free of charge. It will include scheduled talks, Lightning Talks, and unconference-style Open Spaces.
To get more information or to volunteer, see http://pyohio.org.
- offsite after-party
- board game social
- Food ordering
- Make badges
- Make a large (easel-sized) welcome poster
- Small posters for directions within library
- Get: plastic tack (for poster session)
More planning resources at [User Group Support http://wiki.python.org/moin/Advocacy/UsergroupSupport]