These are just some of the things that the publicity team is responsible for:
- Spread the word about the conference to as many people interested in Python and its various implementations.
- Get the Call for Proposals out to as many outlets as possible. (done, CFP closed 5/15/2009)
- Get Blog Badges for people to advertise the conference on their blogs.
- Get flyers together to be handed out at user groups, events, etc.
- Get a PR pack together for distribution.
- List the event on community calendars:
- Set up various social networking sites:
Some of the things that we would like to do include:
- Get the word out to local bloggers to have them blog about the conference and generate hype.
- Once talks are confirmed, do interviews with some of the speakers to get people curious about what's going on.
- Do spotlights on some of the things we're doing at the conference. Feature things like:
- What are sprints?
- What are lightning talks?
- What are open spaces?