Prioritize Warehouse & OTF work
Meeting on Thursday, 29 August 2019
What can we actually finish by September 30th? And within remaining budget?
Imperative: Up to date Invoices to close month
https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/6441 Expose 'user' scoped API tokens in project security history?
What else? Update API token help and instructional documentation to reflect findings of user testing. Need to open ticket. See https://gist.github.com/nlhkabu/3a571933dab1db807000658ecab27d87
Stopping work on security milestone
Outside of OTF-scoped work: ToB intern will be working on security items (API tokens, events)
Sumana's OK with leaving this as beta and concentrating on accessibility and localisation.
Sumana to announce WebAuthn & API tokens to Announce mailing list
- All but 1 css/design issues complete \o/
- 11 remaining issues - mostly small adjustments to HTML and JS, excluding a refactor of our tooltip component, which may be larger
We are confident we will complete this in Sept
Localization: how far can we get?
Individual tasks we need to do: https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/1453#issuecomment-500156827
- Will we be getting tooling for i18n?
Work in progress l10n skeleton: https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/pull/6535
- Which access tokens will we need for ... ?
- Platform options: Transifex and Weblate
- Ernest likes Weblate
- If we are not done with localizing strings by 30 September, then let's start planning to tell the community that in advance, and to solicit people to complete translation.
- Estimate 16 hours remain on localizing template strings (Nicole)
- View/form strings (??)
- Will to handle localizing these
- Idea: ask in the Pyramid IRC channels
- 99% of design issues covered by accessibility work. Only need to add language switcher (#6455)
- Will to look into this. pyBabel may be able to handle this.
When can we start recruiting translators? mid-September?
Suggestion: once we are set up with many localized messages on the translation platform, reach out to French community
Let's aim to submit invoices on 1 September
* Ernest to reach out to Weblate