Warehouse Sync-up Meeting
Tuesday, March 6th
- (partially) Donald
Just finished/working on/blockers/announcements/vacations
- Ewa and Mark reviewing PEP 541 (Wednesday, March 7th), going over workflow and roles.
- Budget updates: have sent and approved invoices for February.
- opentech.fund application completed, will follow up on Friday, March 9th on application status.
- Need to schedule one on one with Ernest on Warehouse Infra.
- User testing \o/
- each one takes 30-60 min, has 3 more lined up
- got a lot of feedback, opening some new issues
- need to respond to issues where she has been pinged
unavailable some of last week of March, incl Monday March 26 - (25th-29th to be precise )
- Updates/migrations/packaging for version canonicalization
- Password strength gauge merge
- Debugging camo issues - https proxy for embedded images
- no big blockers, except needing Donald review
- unavailable some/all of last week of March
- AWS Infra is stood up and heavily tested from a "nuts and bolts" perspecitve
- dicing out the millions of tiny differences between minikube, google kubernetes, and "tectonic" (our Kubernetes infra tooling)
- Disconnected April 1-7 'cept for emergencies
- bug triage, documentation
ran IRC meetings & doing "please test" outreach
- volunteer: twine
submitting talk to JupyterCon today https://conferences.oreilly.com/jupyter/jup-ny/public/cfp/621
Laura (absent, sick)
- PR re avatar/name display
Grant money update & burn rate
~2 months left?
- we came in a little less in Feb vs Jan
- we'll run probably right about 2 months
What can we get done by the end of April?
Dustin: get infra up & some traffic over, not all of it
- Ernest: positive: once we have infra up, can cut traffic over. Less concerned about turning off legacy - is positive we will hit that by end of April
- Nicole: a lot of nice to haves in there, could safely recategorize
- TODO Sumana to recategorize
When will we hear back on Open Tech Fund grant? - March 9
PyCon sprint planning
Sumana, Dustin, and (partially) Ernest to be there, but Nicole won't
- Ernest - don't count on his participation
Activities we could pre-plan/announce now:
API keys? Luke Sneeringer? https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/994
Bus factor promo? https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/3121
Should we estimate what it will cost for us to be "working" at the sprints?
- Sumana to do this and talk with Ewa and Mark
share info with Nicole re EuroPython
- Should we apply for a sprint grant? (Do sprint grants even exist?)
Milestone update (infra and features)
- relatedly: infra credits announcements? when?
- Mark is waiting for marketing stuff - Donald to poke Trevor
Sumana to look through this & recategorize stuff that can wait
Ask Donald for
review https://github.com/pypa/warehouse-camo/pull/1 Switch to fork with content length redirect
review/merge/release https://github.com/pypa/readme_renderer/pull/65 Handle invalid address errors
- Sumana timing re visit
heads-up, Thursdays and Fridays are now his packaging days, rather than Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Anything from https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/2976 or https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/2982 for spam cleanup , like bulk delete from a supplied package name list, that we need to plan around?
- Sumana's double-checking here, knows this is not strictly MOSS work
- No, not now
- no action needed
- Sumana: fine to postpone. Your thoughts?
- lack of tests is not slowing Nicole down
Nicole has access to BrowserStack - testing is easy - the problems that we find via it are the things that take time
Analytics from last month (Feb 2018): Chrome 67.76%, Firefox 16.92%, Safari 7.38%, Internet Explorer 2.79%. Site has been built using Chrome - I don't foresee too many problems
- Testing the Stimulus controller(s) seems more feasible
Move Conveyor back to using test.pypi.org https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/1211
- Sumana: ok to postpone past shutdown?
- Dustin can do this if he can get access to the conveyor heroku app
- should deploy to cabotage on Thursday
- Donald to do stuff in "ask Donald for" section, and to check with Trevor about credits and marketing
- Mark to follow up on 541, Ernest conversation re: infra, Open Tech Fund grant, other grant opportunities
- Sumana to recategorize less-essential Milestone 3, 4, and 5 issues (in progress), and talk with Ewa and Mark about sprint budget
- Nicole to reply to issues where she's been pinged
- Ernest to follow up on #1211