Warehouse weekly meeting notes
Monday, Feb. 5, 2018
- Package maintainer workflow -- finding pain points
- Account management - Adding/changing/deleting primary emails, email confirmation
Release detail & deleting individual releases and files
- not blocked on anything
- see TODOs: Are journals per-project or per release?
- Unexpected but not distressed family travel beginning of this week, as well as planned and less disruptive PyTN travel at end of week
- No blockers, eager to get into warehouse codebase more full time. - performance, monitoring, features
- w/Sumana, pkg maintainer workflow testing/work
- this afternoon: Ernest meeting, tester promotion/publicity meeting - discuss drafting of promotional materials
- Payments to go out this week.
- Some funds may be available for emergency overages at the end of the project
Pull request: RSS feed for INDIVIDUAL package updates https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/pull/2165
A related feature already exists at https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=rss and and https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=packages_rss for recent updates & newest packages on the legacy site, but this is not a feature parity issue because this is a request for individual package RSS feeds. It's been requested by PyUp, which needs to know when versions are deleted.
- Action: Sumana to mark as COOL but not urgent (Sumana's done so)
Find additional JS developer(s) https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/1297
- Nicole's work frontloaded into current milestone probably, doing ~10h/week right now; we're probably fine in terms of using her time and not running out of it before the end of the project
- get a helper .... for design work? probably not (communication overhead costs). Nicole will consider whether someone helping with, e.g., CSS would be helpful
- Action: Nicole to let Sumana know if she finds she wants help on some dimension
"Latest" version for project detail should take into account PEP 440 pre-releases https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/382
- polish issue -- for after launch (Sumana's updated it)
possible spamming of package namespace https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/2859
- malicious/squatting packages were addressed
- crypto names were left in place, for now.
- people mass-register package names, namesquat stdlib packages, may be duplicate of another PEP 541 issue
- blacklist AWS-S3
Action: Dustin & Ernest to review
Inconsistent handling of packages with equivalent version numbers (e.g. v4.1 & v4.1.0) https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/2788
- ability to compare versions is not ideal - ordering that shows up on project page is incorrect
- End user MVP?
Action: Dustin & Sumana to review
Things to ask Donald to do:
- Nick Coghlan is suggesting changing BDFL delegate status - Donald needs to ok and accept PR (or something else?)
Maintainer MVP milestone work remaining:
https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/milestone/8 * Still on schedule for maintainer MVP milestone at end of Feb
- Determine if Journals should be per-project or per-release
Per Release would be feature parity, right? I don't think we expose project level views right now?#2871
Dustin & Ernest to review possible spamming of package namespace https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/2859
Dustin & Sumana to review Inconsistent handling of packages with equivalent version numbers (e.g. v4.1 & v4.1.0) https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/2788