Added Possible talks I can do
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
| * Matt Boersma helps organize Front Range Pythoneers and writes Python code at Array !BioPharma in Boulder, CO. You can contact him at 303-249-7004, or matt (at) sprout (dot) org.
== What would you like to talk about? ==
* Intro to Python or ctypes intro - ''Greg Holling''
* Intro to Python or Using WxPython - ''Matt Boersma''
* Matplotlib, unittesting, and/or some performance - ''Nick Verbeck''
|Line 27:||Line 33:|
| * Packaging for windows
* scientific computing with python
|Line 30:||Line 42:|
|* Greg Holling: Conference organizer, Intro Python sessions or ctypes intro.||* Greg Holling: Conference organizer
* Nick Verbeck: Try to get us in at Google
FRUncon 09: Front Range Pythoneers Unconference 2009
We're planning a Python Unconference. Date: October 10, 2009, all day Saturday. Location and cost TBD.
To learn more about unconferences, click here.
Note that an unconference assumes participation by a majority of the attendees. The more you put into it, the more you'll get out. Please feel free to edit this page if you'd like to contribute.
Still working on this. We have had suggestions to use CU, UCD, or the Anschutz campus. If you have contacts at these locations, and are willing to help check into cost and availability, please make a note of it here. The ideal location would have a conference room that can seat 50 or so people, with adjacent smaller rooms that can be used for breakout sessions.
If we can find some sponsors, either corporate or nonprofit, we can keep the cost down and get the companies more involved. If you know somebody that might be willing to be a sponsor, check with them, and make a note here if they're willing to help out.
- Greg Holling, unconference unorganizer, is an independent consultant, mentor, and trainer based in Lakewood CO. You can reach him at 303-274-9001, or greg (at) holling-co.com.
Matt Boersma helps organize Front Range Pythoneers and writes Python code at Array BioPharma in Boulder, CO. You can contact him at 303-249-7004, or matt (at) sprout (dot) org.
What would you like to talk about?
Intro to Python or ctypes intro - Greg Holling
Intro to Python or Using WxPython - Matt Boersma
Matplotlib, unittesting, and/or some performance - Nick Verbeck
What would you like to learn about?
- Introduction to Python
- Code Katas
- Python performance
- Packaging for windows
- scientific computing with python
What would you like to do to help out with the conference?
* Greg Holling: Conference organizer * Nick Verbeck: Try to get us in at Google