PSF Sponsor Working Group Charter
Note: This page is readable without login.
Purpose & Common Goals
This working group shall review PSF Sponsorship applications. The goal of this working group is to determine if the company applying is in good standing and that their product/services follow the PSF Code of Conduct.
This working group shall stay in existence indefinitely.
Core Values & Internal Governance
- Positive Atmosphere
The workgroup adopts the PSF Code of Conduct (https://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/). Any actions (found by a majority) made against the principles in the Code of Conduct will result in the acting person being removed from the workgroup.
Rules & Decision Making Procedures
- Consensus must be reached between all interested members of the working group that are available to respond within 5 days. At minimum, approval by three members, at least one of whom is a chair, is required to approve any application.
- After 5 days (and on or before 14 days), one of the chairs will email the decision to the PSF board; the PSF Secretary will then forward the decision to the applicant and the treasurer, and note it in the board minutes. If the WG fails to reach a decision by two weeks, the request is referred back to the PSF board of directors.
- If the working group approves the sponsor, the PSF Secretary will update the python.org website in two places:
- second link TBA; we need to first update the website so sponsorship can be its own list outside of the membership roster.
The WG will use the code of conduct (https://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/) as a guideline for reviewing sponsorship applications.
Companies, divisions, groups, and organizations of various sizes can benefit from PSF sponsorship. The PSF suggests guidelines for choosing an annual sponsorship level based on the number of employees using Python for development, data analysis, process automation and other activities:
- Diamond: $100,000/year – 2500+ employees
- Platinum: $50,000/year – 1001 – 2500 employees
- Gold: $20,000/year – 501 – 1000 employees
- Silver: $10,000/year – 251 – 500 employees
- Bronze: $5,000/year – 101 – 250 employees
- Copper: $2,000/year – 26 – 100 employees
Iron: $500/year - < 25 employees
The bulk of communication among the working group shall be over the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org. As needed, we may use other communication means such as phone calls or IRC/Slack.
- Betsy Waliszewski (chair)
- Ewa Jodlowska
- Doug Hellmann
- Raghav Hanumantharau (co-chair)
- Marc-Andre Lemburg
- Ryan Birmingham
- Philip James
- Steve Holden
- Demian Brecht
- Don Sheu
* Mailman list: email@example.com
Ideas for Sponsorship Benefits: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1neuNXU005FLyggElPQeJmH7yZkDZt3k2S6iqSaBTrNk/edit#
PSF Sponsor Agreement (Statement of Work): https://docs.google.com/document/d/121jQHv40ebZjwCpSfLnJ9bKN9x5g-N5tvkS1tHNcgDk/edit?ts=5769602d
Sponsor Member Application: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZN-AH9qLJPx7M0xZtiQHCIQKvEqce6jnJbNGiZHtd7I/edit?ts=57696052
PSF Sponsor Prospectus: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15C-qh_pM9bO4B6fp_G2S51eaGEu7u64qbQYuaikH3EE/edit