PSF Sponsor Working Group Charter
Note: This page is readable without login.
Purpose & Common Goals
This working group shall review PSF Sponsorship applications. The goal of this working group is to determine if the company applying is in good standing and that their product/services follow the PSF Code of Conduct.
This working group shall stay in existence indefinitely.
Core Values & Internal Governance
- Positive Atmosphere
The workgroup adopts the PSF Code of Conduct (https://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/). Any actions (found by a majority) made against the principles in the Code of Conduct will result in the acting person being removed from the workgroup.
Rules & Decision Making Procedures
- The sponsor workgroup will not take longer than 2 weeks to discuss and vote on sponsorship applications.
- The team will vote on the proposed sponsor applications. Decisions will be made by a majority rule.
If the team approves the sponsor, the PSF Secretary will update the python.org website: https://www.python.org/psf/
- The PSF secretary will add the approved resolutions to the minutes of the PSF Board Meeting.
The WG will use the code of conduct (https://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/) as a guideline for reviewing sponsorship applications.
Companies, divisions, groups, and organizations of various sizes can benefit from PSF sponsorship.
- Keystone: $150,000/year
- Diamond: $70,000/year
- Platinum: $50,000/year
- Gold: $30,000/year
- Silver: $15,000/year
- Bronze: $5,000/year
- PSF Infrastructure Sponsor: $5000/year
- Copper: $2,000/year
- Iron: $500/year
The bulk of communication among the working group shall be over the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org. As needed, we may use other communication means such as phone calls or IRC/Slack.
- Betsy Waliszewski (chair)
- Ewa Jodlowska
- Raghav Hanumantharau
- Marc-Andre Lemburg
- Ryan Birmingham
- Philip James
- Demian Brecht
- Deborah Harris
- Eugene Kim
Adding New Members
When adding new members to the working group, prospective members must send an email to email@example.com introducing themselves along with a description of why they want to be a member and what they bring to the process. Approval of new members will be decided using the voting procedures detailed below.
- Voting in new members: A vote for any proposal will last for 5 days, or when all voting members have voted, whichever comes first. For a proposal to be successful it must have at least two aye's, more aye's than abstain's, and no nay's. Voting should generally be done using the mailing list, but may be done in any venue given agreement of all voting members.
Mailman list - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideas for Sponsorship Benefits: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1neuNXU005FLyggElPQeJmH7yZkDZt3k2S6iqSaBTrNk/edit#
PSF Sponsor Agreement (Statement of Work): https://docs.google.com/document/d/121jQHv40ebZjwCpSfLnJ9bKN9x5g-N5tvkS1tHNcgDk/edit?ts=5769602d
Sponsor Member Application: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZN-AH9qLJPx7M0xZtiQHCIQKvEqce6jnJbNGiZHtd7I/edit?ts=57696052
PSF Sponsor Prospectus: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc7f6nhh4sjano5/PSF%20Sponsor%20Prospectus%202019-2020.pdf?dl=0