You have now been added to the PSF's Grants Work Group mailing list.
Below is information on how the work group works. Don't hesitate to ask questions here on the list or ping the chair people!
List of resources for you:
Mailing List (both have access): https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/psf-grants
Wiki info page: https://wiki.python.org/psf/GrantsWG
Grants Work Group Charter: https://wiki.python.org/psf/GrantsWG/Charter
Online Grant Info page: https://www.python.org/psf/grants/
Online FAQ: https://www.python.org/psf/grants/faq/
Online free resources for virtual events: https://www.python.org/psf/grants/free-resources/
Info about the members:
We now have 12 voting members (all are listed on the charter) and I (Ewa) am the non-voting chair of the work group. Vicky and Kushal are the co-chairs. The full list is available below.
The process flow usually is:
We receive the grant via our online web form: https://psfmember.org/node/2
- I review it and decide if it should go to the Grants WG or the PSF Board
- If it goes to the Grants WG, I send it to psf-grants@ and include any history or context related to the grant
- I leave it open for discussion for several days. Work Group members that have local insight or have any comments about the request should give input to the whole work group via the mailing list.. We want work group members to discuss each request before we move it to a vote.
- If anyone has questions about the request, I send in the questions and forward answers back to the Grants WG. Most discussion is minimal and we decide an amount that is per our policy or better fitting the region where the event is held.
- After we discuss it and decide to move forward - I start a separate email thread that has a subject line beginning with "[Action Needed] Vote on..."
- Once 7+ work group members approve it, I will close the vote with a total and then the PSF will move to sending a notification and notifying our accounting team.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the work group as a whole or ping me directly!
Once again, WELCOME!