#below is an outline of the information a PSF Workgroup page should contain.
If you would like to begin a new PSF Workgroup, follow these steps:
1. Make sure the PSF Workgroup topic pertains to the PSF mission. You can read the PSF mission here.
2. Get a group of WG members together. If you are looking for members to recruit to your WG, you can try the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
3. Draft a charter up. Here is an example charter to get you started: PSF Example WG Charter. It is also a good idea to check out the WG charters for inspiration
4. Send the charter to the PSF Board and let them know of any resources you are requesting for your group
5. Send monthly reports of your progress to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Example PSF Workgroup Page
Note: When creating new wiki pages related to this group, please use wiki subpages, e.g. ExampleWG/Charter.
Short summary of what the WG is about.
PSF Example WG Mailing List (naming scheme to be used: psf-example-wg) The ML archives are set to private for the time being. Subscriptions must be approved by the admins. X and Y are the list admins.
List resources useful for the WG.
- Chair: X
PSF Example WG Charter (the wiki page should be named: ExampleWG/Charter)