Skeleton Builder Tools
A skeleton builder tools are tools that takes a directory skeleton, copies over its directory structure to a target folder and can use a templating engine to dynamically generate the files.
Keywords : skleton, scaffolding…
mr.bob (the more powerful)
Cookiecutter (Also very powerful, with a huge community)
Echafaudage (very simple tool with few feature)
Tembler (depreciated, replaced by mr.bob)
Paste Script (depreciated, replaced by mr.bob and pcreate in Pyramid framework)
- use Jinja2 template engine
- config file is in ini format
specific feature : pre, post hooks
- uses Jinja2 template engine.
- config file can be in either json and yaml formats.
- Tested for use with Python 3.3, 2.7, 2.6, Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
- Echafaudage :
use tempita template engine
- config file is in json format
- specific feature : standalone file executable directly with python -c "$(curl ...)"
Limited to package creation