- Produce more "5-Minutes with Python" screencasts -- I've produced nine screencasts so far (not all 5-min though).
- Python, Numbers and Array Processing
- Python and Strings
- Python and the Imaging Library
- Python and Relational Databases
- Python and Object Databases
- Python and Scientific Computing
- Work on "Starting and Running a Successful Python User Group" paper, with select members of the Usergroup Support Committee who have volunteered to help.
- Hold another online meeting of the Usergroup Support Committee.
Use the www.python.org mockup area to test some proposed changes, re a "spotlight" topic and a "get involved" feature, and get feedback from the community.
- Decide how to create a "spotlight" box on www.python.org, in consultation with the pydotorg group.
- Decide how to create a "get involved" box on www.python.org, in consultation with the pydotorg group.
Existing Challenges (most recent at top):
- crunching a talk down into only 5-minutes - it is surprisingly difficult
- figuring out why threads I start re advocacy and usergroups die out, lacking persistence.
- why no response pretty much at all to the repeated calls for podcasts and screencasts -- why is the community so averse to multimedia?