This page describes the actual progress and accomplishments that were made at PyCon2004.
Core Python: the 2.4 release schedule, PEP 0320, was updated after a meeting of python-dev people, and we now have a plan for 2.4.
- Core Python: A bunch of bugs and patches were processed. (Anyone know how many?)
- Core Python: Distutils API reference was checked in to the docs.
- Core Python: Added Distutils checkdep command.
Docutils: numerous improvements and additions. See DocutilsSprint, section 2, for details.
- PSF: elected new Board; voted on various new individual and sponsor members.
- Pydotorg: came up with plan to write a more marketing-oriented Python site (not necessarily a python.org replacement).
- Quixote: (At the Bof) general agreement on a logo; discussion of various pending patches; got various suggestions from users.
- PGP key-signing party was held.
Meeting of "small business Python users" led to a new mailing list being created.