To help out, please join the pycon-organizers list.
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 25, at 19:00 UTC (2PM Eastern, 1PM Central, 12PM Mountain, 11AM Pacific).
Update: Some people are already on-site, others are on their way, so there won't be a formal meeting. But some people will be online.
Meetings will be held every week on Tuesday.
Meetings are held via IRC. We use the '#pycon' channel on irc.freenode.net. Connection details (instructions) here.
Private PyCon Organizers' wiki (join pycon-organizers and ask for the user/password info).
Agendas For Organizers' Meetings
(Please add items below.)
Mar 24, 2009
- PyCon Portrait photographer requirements, equipment, photographers - http://us.pycon.org/2009/helping/photos/
Mar 17, 2009
- Signage: we should start making a list of what's needed.
- Badges: we need to ensure the summit attendees all have badges. Do we need to enter them in the system?
- Shopping List/Shopping Tasks
- Getting a kiosk computer for on-site registration (+ wired network?)
- Send a final e-mail to pending registrations?
- Bruce Eckle talk
Mar 10, 2009
- Photography and Portraits issues
- Dedicated space for taking portraits
- Publicizing portraits
- Model release for portraits (who are they releasing to)?
- Who saves/archives the full-size originals?
- Other expectations for still images?
- delivery to Hyatt - schedule
- 200+ power stips,
- video equipment - needs to be there March 24 - 9am ish
- whatever is getting shipped to my house
- laser printers
- bulletin boards
- power strip deployment
- some/all to the tut rooms on March 24
- some in the ballroom March 26.
- power strip and stuff to Atlanta
- ship or drive?
- who is going to take care of storage?
Feb 17, 2009
- Food and Beverage for the "Green Room".
Feb 10, 2009
- Sprint locations. Network plan for sprints if held at the Crowne.
- Plan for journalists/press: how many will we allow? Access to sprints, or the summits? (Prompted by e-mail from Allison Randal.)
Jan 20, 2009
- sell add space at the end of each video. encourage "<company name> loves python"
- Language summit status
- Registration: are we ready to handle changes/questions/CC problems?
Jan 6, 2009
- Housing site is ready. Is there any reason not to start booking rooms?
- Lead Gen - what demographic info do we want the exhibitors to get?
- Video - $500 experiment - http://desktop.thomsongrassvalley.com/products/TwinPact100/TwinPact100.php
December 9th, 2008
- Carl's adventure with the power-strips (because it's worth hearing the epic tale of woe, if we have time)
October 28th, 2008
- Financial Aid Process
- Hosting for us.pycon.org
May 27, 2008
- Keynote speakers
May 13, 2008
- PyCon 2009: venue selection
- PyCon 2010: bid evaluation