Plone is a leading open source content management system used for managing internets, intranets, and extranets in many environments.
In this tutorial, Burton walks through creating a straightforward intranet or internet site using Plone, including:
- Understanding the advantages and strengths of Plone
- Creating new, structured content types
- Creating and deploying different workflows
- Scripting your site using Python
- Useful add-on products for Plone for additional out-of-the-box functionality
No prior Plone (or Zope) experience is required. Some Python experience will be beneficial, but not required.