Python programmers with a desire to understand how to build cross-platform graphical user interfaces for their programs.
Those interested in understanding GUI frameworks and the relationship between the different program components in an event-driven environment.
This tutorial will present an introduction to the wxPython GUI framework, showing Python programmers how to construct flexible interfaces that make best use of Python's object-oriented features to provide convenient interfaces to Python functionality with a look-and-feel conformant with the operating system platform.
Pre-registered students will receive access to electronic copies of the course notes and example materials to allow them to run the examples presented in the tutorial.
1. GUI Basics
- Establishing the GUI Event handling GUI-based program structures
2. wxPython Fundamentals
- wxApp requirements Creating the application frame Window and widget relationships
3. wxPython widgets
- Widget creation Widget destruction
4. Event handling
- wxWidgets event types Event registration Handling events
5. Window Layout
Boxes vs Grids vs Notebooks Composing window designs
6. Putting it All Together
- Some real applications code