How to Help Python
There are tons of ways you can help out Python and the associated community. Because Python is a community project, there's very little structure; you just have to find an area you're interested in and dive in! Money is good, but time is even more precious; contribute your time to Python today!
Here are a few ideas:
- Help out with core Python development by reviewing patches and fixing bugs.
- Proofread, edit, and extend the documentation
- Join a local user group and encourage other people you know to attend.
- Volunteer to help out the Python Software Foundation!
- Participate in the Google Summer of Code or the Google Highly Open Participation contest as a mentor or a student.
- Download interesting packages from the Python Package Index, install them, and test them out.