FRUncon 09: Front Range Pythoneers Unconference 2009
We're planning a Python Unconference. Date: October 10, 2009, all day Saturday. We will be following up with code sprints on Sunday the 11th.
To learn more about unconferences, click here.
Note that an unconference assumes participation by a majority of the attendees. The more you put into it, the more you'll get out. Please feel free to edit this page if you'd like to contribute.
Unconference (Saturday): Google Boulder office, 2590 Pearl Street. Google will be sponsoring the event. Code Sprints (Sunday): Bivio Software, 2701 Iris, Suite S, Boulder.
- Greg Holling, unconference unorganizer, is an independent consultant, mentor, and trainer based in Lakewood CO. You can reach him at 303-274-9001, or greg (at) holling-co.com.
Matt Boersma helps organize Front Range Pythoneers and writes Python code at Array BioPharma in Boulder, CO. You can contact him at 303-249-7004, or matt (at) sprout (dot) org.
- Casey Duncan, coder/architect for Pandora.com, likes to experiment with games and graphics using python in his spare time. You can contact him at casey (dot) duncan (at) gmail (dot) com.
Uche Ogbuji lives in Superior, CO and works for zepheira.com. Fuller bio: http://wiki.python.org/moin/UcheOgbuji . I'll be back from 2 weeks in Europe Oct 8th and am not sure to what extent I can help, but I will try to do what I can.
What would you like to talk about?
Intro to Python or ctypes intro - Greg Holling
Intro to Python or Using WxPython - Matt Boersma
Matplotlib, unittesting, and/or some performance - Nick Verbeck
pyglet/pygame, OpenGL, C extensions, particle effects - Casey Duncan
Intro to Akara—Uche Ogbuji
Understanding strings versus Unicode—Uche Ogbuji
What would you like to learn about?
- Introduction to Python
- Code Katas
- Python performance
- Packaging for windows
- scientific computing with python
What would you like to do to help out with the conference?
- Greg Holling: Conference organizer
- Nick Verbeck: Got us into Google's Offices, whatever else needs to be done
- Casey Duncan: Setup/teardown
- Uche Ogbuji: is willing but the schedule seems bleak. If there are examples of something I could bring along or try to accomplish at very short notice, please let me know
I think this section could use a list of needed tasks/help/contributions. Not everyone knows what sort of help is needed.