FRUncon 09: Front Range Pythoneers Unconference 2009
We're planning a Python Unconference. Date: October 10, 2009, all day Saturday. We will be following up with code sprints on Sunday the 11th.
To learn more about unconferences, click here.
Note that an unconference assumes participation by a majority of the attendees. The more you put into it, the more you'll get out. Please feel free to edit this page if you'd like to contribute.
Unconference (Saturday): Google Boulder office, 2590 Pearl Street. Google will be sponsoring the event. Code Sprints (Sunday): Bivio Software, 2701 Iris, Suite S, Boulder.
- Greg Holling, unconference unorganizer, is an independent consultant, mentor, and trainer based in Lakewood CO. You can reach him at 303-274-9001, or greg (at) holling-co.com.
Matt Boersma helps organize Front Range Pythoneers and writes Python code at Array BioPharma in Boulder, CO. You can contact him at 303-249-7004, or matt (at) sprout (dot) org.
- Casey Duncan, coder/architect for Pandora.com, likes to experiment with games and graphics using python in his spare time. You can contact him at casey (dot) duncan (at) gmail (dot) com.
What would you like to talk about?
Intro to Python or ctypes intro - Greg Holling
Intro to Python or Using WxPython - Matt Boersma
Matplotlib, unittesting, and/or some performance - Nick Verbeck
pyglet/pygame, OpenGL, C extensions, particle effects - Casey Duncan
What would you like to learn about?
- Introduction to Python
- Code Katas
- Python performance
- Packaging for windows
- scientific computing with python
What would you like to do to help out with the conference?
- Greg Holling: Conference organizer
- Nick Verbeck: Got us into Google's Offices, whatever else needs to be done
- Casey Duncan: Setup/teardown