Mochi Sprint at EuroPython 2015
Mochi is a new functional language that is written in Python 3 and compiles down to Python 3. It provides interesting functional feature while keeping two-way compatability with Python 3 (CPython and PyPy). There was a talk about Mochi at EuroPython 2015. The talk slides and the video (start at 2:20:30) give more details.
Potential Sprint Topics
- Start documentation for syntax
- Start documentation for builtin functions
- Create a tutorial
- Create a simple sample application written in Mochi
- Support for Python 3.5
- Replace a part of the builtin functions with toolz/cytoolz or a similar module (This may reduce documentation cost for builtin functions.)
More tests (testing guide)
IPython Notebook Kernel
Fix stderr (should go to notebook to not only to console)
- Include kernel source into Mochi source
- Add support for magic functions
- Add call tips and help with "?"