Visual Studio 2005 Sprint
This sprint has been canceled due to lack of interest
This is a sprint suggestion to work on making Visual Studio 2005 a fully supported build platform for python 2.5 and 2.6
- Where: Vilnius, Lithuania
When: after EuroPython, 12-14 july
Organizer: Kristján Valur Jónsson <email@example.com>
Visual Studio 2005 has been availible for more than two years but still it is not an officially supported compiler for python. The benefits of using it are:
- greater performance, particularly through profiler guided optimization
- cross compilation for amd64 platform.
Although the PCBuild8 subdirectory is availible in the release25-maint branch and the trunk, a few things need to be done to make it complete:
- Fixup dependency on externals for some modules (bz2 etc), particularly for amd64
- Polish automatic PGO builds
- Fix and polish install script generation, and CRT redistribution
- Work on setting up a buildbot
Please contact me at <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you think this is a worthwhile project and want to participate.