IRC Meeting #13
The meeting will take place on Monday 4th June (2007-06-04) 18:00 CEST (17:00 BST, 16:00 UTC/GMT) in the #europython channel on freenode.net. That's 5pm UK time, 6pm in most of Western Europe. The suggested duration of the meeting is at most one hour.
- Bea reported that her contact has submitted a costed proposal for travel, accommodation and other minor expenses.
- We proposed to accept this, and Bea will chase up funding.
- Laura will seek to clarify the funding situation with regard to travel expenses and the PSF.
- David reported that he received some good ideas and feedback about a similar initiative from Steve Holden, though funding support appeared to be less clear.
- David will contact an interesting speaker/guest to try and find out if this is worth pursuing and report to the program group.
- Bea reported that there was interest in having some speakers/guests from other programming language communities.
- She'll chase up some leads and report to the program group.
- Paul will contact sponsor "I".
- Bea will work with Michael to deal with sponsors "E", "P" and "G".
- Harald suggested contacting "A" and "M".
- Laura, Michael and Bea will talk on IRC tomorrow (5th) before lunch.
- Paul will contact a sponsor to inform them of the estimated number of attendees.
- Everyone involved will report about progress at the next meeting.
- Aiste will arrange printing facilities tomorrow and report back next Monday.
Guido can be left unsupervised.
- David will follow up on Simon.
- David or Paul will finalize bio details for David.
- Harald will be ready to send messages to the newsgroups.
- Paul will get the attention of the python.org webmaster.
- David will probably do the usual thing and e-mail random people.
- Initial scheduling and talk approvals have been done.
- The track chairs will meet for breakfast tomorrow (virtually in some cases) to finalize the schedule.
- Michael volunteered to add (some of) the scheduling information to Indico when it is complete.
- The mailing list should be notified so that the Web site can be updated and announcements sent out.
This week's meeting will focus on the programme, but may also cover any other issues that arise.
Bea will report on progress with the plan to enhance the open space experience at the conference, as suggested in a message to the europython mailing list.
- The programme needs to be finalised and published. The track chairs will select talks and approve the schedule.
Status of the WorldPay application process.
- Status of potential sponsors.
- Status of conference programmes, badges, T-shirts, conference dinner information.
- Confirm arrangements for the keynote speakers.
- Announcements shall be planned: keynotes, early registration reminder, ...
See the calendar to get an idea of where we should be at this point in time.