The Canberra Python Users Group
We meet on the first Thursday of every month at 6pm
Newcomers are always welcome; we're a friendly bunch and welcome diversity.
Discussion about the upcoming meetings and reminders are posted to the mailing list.
Join the mailing list here: http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/canberra-pug
Renewables Hub 19 Moore St Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
Pizza and drinks are generously provided by Peoplebank and Reposit Power.
We are always after new speakers, don't be shy! Everyone in the room wants to hear about your experiences and is there to learn something cool. It is a low pressure, supportive environment to present at.
Please contact Jonah Sullivan if you would like to schedule a presentation.
Our meetup group is located here - please sign up for reminders!
- February 2018 - Understanding the Australian National Electricity Market (NEM) using Python - Geoff Eldridge
- March 2018 - from Python import * - Libo Yin
- April 2018 - Full stack Python - Ben Weise
- May 2018 - Modern python package management - Gavin Jackson
- June 2018 - Using Jupyter notebooks for reproducible science, training and business - Adam Steer
- July 2018 - Describing Descriptors - Matthew Egan
- August 2018 - Getting started with Python on Platform.sh - Chris Skene
- September 2018 - Lightning Talks - Misc Speakers
- October 2018 - How to build a super-computer in the cloud and protect sensitive information - Mark Stocks
- November 2018 - Low effort performance boosts using Cython - Caleb James
- December 2018 - Developing a package, a beginner's perspective - Craig Harrison, Josh Batchelor, Jonathan Mettes