question about project status
dead link only leads to a spam page)
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
|URL:: http://4suite.org/||URL:: http:// 4suite . org/ (dead link only leads to a spam page)|
A framework for WebProgramming.
http:// 4suite . org/ (dead link only leads to a spam page)
- Unix, Windows
- Python versions
- Primarily for XML-focused development
- Though implemented in Python and C, Python server-side scripting is not a primary focus (too many other frameworks do that well)
- XSLT (includes extended XSLT that allows full-blown server-side scripting)
- XSLT can also be extended using Python to process business logic (i.e. Python can be primary or secondary development interface)
Session, Identification and Authentication
- Session management and session data
- HTTP 403 Authentication
- Full XML document store and persistent RDF model
- Speed-optimized storage of XML and XSLT documents for processing
- Rules-based synchronization between XML document and RDF metadata
- "Raw" documents can be stored as well
- Via XSLT processing
In Their Own Words
4Suite is a platform for XML and RDF processing. It allows users to take advantage of standard XML technologies rapidly and to develop and integrate Web-based applications. It also puts practical technologies for knowledge management projects in the hands of developers. It is implemented in Python and C.
At the core of 4Suite is a library of integrated tools for XML processing, including open technologies such as DOM, SAX, RDF, XSLT, XInclude, XPointer, XLink and XPath. Layered upon this is an XML and RDF data repository and server. The server supports multiple methods of data access, query, indexing, transformation rich linking, and rules processing. It provides the data infrastructure of a full database management system, including transactions and concurrency support, access control and a variety of management tools. For purposes of integration with other tools, it supports remote, cross-platform and cross-language access through HTTP (including native SOAP and WebDAV), RPC FTP and CORBA. It offers APIs in Python, HTTP, SOAP and XSLT.
It appears that development of 4Suite ceased in 2006. Does anyone know if the project is dead or just done?