PSF Translation Workgroup Charter
Purpose & Common Goals
The initial purpose of this workgroup is to support and encourage the translation of PSF documents and Python documentation generally into languages other than English as needed by various Python communities world-wide. The key role of this work group, at least initially, will be to identify priorities and infrastructure needed to support translations, and to coordinate efforts of various communities to contribute translations.
This workgroup will be active indefinitely at the pleasure of the PSF board.
Core Values & Internal Governmence
The core values for this group are:
- Positive Atmosphere
The workgroup adopts the PSF Code of Conduct (https://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/). Any actions (found by a majority) made against the principles in the Code of Conduct will result in the acting person being removed from the workgroup.
Rules & Guidelines
Decision Making Procedures
- Grant requests will be proposed to the group.
- The requests will be discussed on the mailing list.
- Amendments of the proposed grants will be decided by a majority rule.
- The team will vote on the proposed grants. Decisions will be made by a majority rule.
The team will communicate via mailing list - email@example.com. If needed, conference calls can be set up.
- None proposed at this time, but may be needed in the future.
List of Participants/Who we are
Chair: Naomi Ceder(provisional)
Mailing list - firstname.lastname@example.org (pending)