Starship Python is Moving!
On September 1, 2003, the machine that has been hosting Starship Python (courtesy of Zope Corporation) will be shutdown. Consequently, Starship is being transferred to a new machine, kindly provided by Stefan Drees. This page exists so the Starship admins can keep track of what tasks have to be done, what tasks have been done, and who's taking care of what. Also, the Starship user community can track the progress of the transfer here.
If you're a Starship admin, feel free to update this page. Otherwise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to add stuff to our to-do list.
Tasks for old Starship
- determine disk usage patterns (ie. who're the hogs, what directories are biggest)
- browbeat disk space hogs into cleaning up
- cleanup disks to prep for backup (DVD burn)
Tasks for new Starship
- upgrade to Debian 'testing' (sarge)
BR[done: sdrees 2003/08/07]
- give the machine a proper hostname
- install Exim 4 packages
- from unstable? or are they in testing yet?
- tismer says: use exim-tls -- but is that necessary with the new exim4 packages?
- configure/test Exim
- install, configure, and test Apache
- install, configure, and test Courier
- install, configure, and test ProFTPd
- install, configure, and test Mailman
Tasks for python.net DNS
- find/select a good DNS provider
- transfer python.net domain to new DNS provider (currently the DNS servers are at zope.com/baymountain.com, and Starship admins cannot edit the python.net DNS records)
BR(assigned: tismer [he owns the domain!])