|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - other version:''' ----
|Line 16:||Line 18:|
---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - your version:''' ----
* [[http://docs.python.org/library/2to3.html|2to3 documentation]]
* [[http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Py3kPort|Status of the "port" of Mercurial to Py3k]]
* [[http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/python3-in-python2.html|Python 3 in Python 2.6+]]
---- /!\ '''End of edit conflict''' ----
This page describes efforts to port pylint to Python 3.x
Status of the port
We're really just getting started.
Goals and high level overview of tasks
The idea is to eliminate Python 2.4 compatibility because that will simplify some of the code, and to expand compatibility to 3.0 and 3.1.
- This will require moving logilab common, logilab astng and pylint itself to python 3 using 2to3
- There appear to be test suites for each of these, which can be invoked using the pytest command, which in turn appears to be part of logilab-common itself
- The owners of the code would like to keep the changes compatible with Python 2.5.x, which of course is a bit more involved than targeting 2.6 and up.
Edit conflict - other version:
Edit conflict - your version:
End of edit conflict