To do list for PyCon 2005
(Please add items that are not on this list!)
Sign contract with GWU [done - SH]
Get event insurance. [NealNorwitz says this is covered by our regular policy]
- Contact sponsors
- Set registration price.
- Set up registration process and open registration.
- Send call for volunteers to c.l.py.announce
Write page giving presentation advice (PyCon2005/SpeakerNotes)
- Select keynote speakers
- Select program committee (done)
- Select website designers and maintainers
- Launch paper submission system. (done)
Ensure Creative Commons licensing as far as possible?
- Select papers (must be done by Jan. 15)
- Publish talk abstracts within a few days (before early bird ends)
- Determine schedule
- Arrange iCal/RSS publication of the schedule
- Finalize Logo Design
- Finalize T-shirt design.
- Arrange T-shirt manufacturing.
- Arrange for equipment (or will the venue provide it?)
Wireless networking [provided by GWU]
Projectors and screens [provided by GWU]
- Audio/video recording of talks to agreed standards(?)
- Extra Power Strips, so people can easily recharge their laptops. (MB)
- Select volunteers for registration / security / set-up and tear-down.
- Pick session leaders.
Issue call for BoFs, and pick BoF topics.
During the conference:
- Supervise sprints.
- Organize Open Space topic selection/scheduling.
- Organize Lightning Talk session
- Run the registration desk.
After the conference:
- Prepare web-based proceedings.