|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
|Line 34:||Line 33:|
|Line 36:||Line 34:|
* test_xmlrpc - started failing after merge of new code from trunk
|Line 46:||Line 42:|
|* test_gzip||* None|
(Back to ["Python3000"].)
List of tests that are failing in the py3k branch
We're now maintaining a list of tasks in a shared spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pBLWM8elhFAmKbrhhh0ApQA
- if you start working on a test, to avoid duplicate work, add your name+email+date to the bulleted item for the test below, with the text "MINE"
- if you figure out why a test is failing, just add a note (name etc. is still appreciated)
- if you fix a test, and you check in the fix, add a note "COMMITTED" with the svn revision (occasionally we'll clean these up)
if you don't have checkin permissions, use the http://bugs.python.org patch manager and note the patch number here (perhaps in the form of a link to python.org/sf/NNNNN), and add a note "FIXED IN SF" (plus name etc.)
How to run tests
Assume you've got the py3k branch checked out.
./configure make ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py test_foobar # runs test_foobar ./python Lib/test/test_foobar.py # for more detail about failures
(Some tests need you to use regrtest.py -uall above.)
The Failing Tests
test_email (CosminStejerean - at least some problems seem to be caused by base64MIME, problems with splitting headers into multiple lines - 08/08/07) (VictorStinner - imghdr and sndhdr, related modules, are now fixed) (MINE Barry Warsaw)
- test_email_renamed (should we get rid of this, as it's about an old renaming?)
Tests Failing Under Stress
A few tests pass normally but fail when run by a debug build using regrtest.py -R4:3:. This runs the test 7 times to detect leaks. The following tests have problems under this mode:
- Confirmed failing tests:
- Unconfirmed failing tests:
test_tcl - _tkinter.TclError: Calling Tk_Init again after a previous call failed might deadlock
- Leaking tests:
- test_poplib - leaked [0, -7, -111] references, sum=-118 ?!?!
- test_urllib2_localnet (leaks random amounts)
test_os - leak when run after doing "sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches" to get cold-cache behaviour.
Tests Failing on Some Platforms Only
- test_ossaudiodev (64-bit)
test_coding (cygwin and some gentoo) - UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe1 in position 105: ordinal not in range(128)
- test_marshal (cygwin)
- test_normalization (gentoo) - same as test_coding. On the machine they fail on, locale.getlocale() is (None, None)
Other Conditional Failures
- test_shelve fails when the default database chosen by anydbm is bsddb. It works with dbm, gdbm and (presumably) with ndbm (all of which are very similar).