|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
|Line 47:||Line 48:|
|* test_collections - (avassalotti) py3k-r57265 runs this test fine on my machine.|
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
| * test_asynchat (seems to hang in cleanup)
* Intermittent failures:
* test_poplib? (Neal reported that it pegged the CPU)
* test_mmap got a bus error when running -R 4:3: (also some test failures b/c I was running other tests and TESTFN was removed)
|Line 63:||Line 56:|
|* test_urllib2_localnet|| * test_poplib - leaked [0, -7, -111] references, sum=-118 ?!?!
* test_urllib2_localnet (leaks random amounts)
(Back to ["Python3000"].)
List of tests that are failing in the py3k branch
We're now maintaining a list of tasks in a shared spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pBLWM8elhFAmKbrhhh0ApQA
- if you figure out why a test is failing, just add a note (name etc. is still appreciated)
How to run tests
Assume you've got the py3k branch checked out.
(Some tests need you to use regrtest.py -uall above.)
The Failing Tests
test_email (CosminStejerean - at least some problems seem to be caused by base64MIME, problems with splitting headers into multiple lines - 08/08/07) (VictorStinner - imghdr and sndhdr, related modules, are now fixed) (MINE Barry Warsaw)
- test_email_renamed (should we get rid of this, as it's about an old renaming?)
- test_xmlrpc - started failing after merge of new code from trunk
Tests Failing Under Stress
A few tests pass normally but fail when run by a debug build using regrtest.py -R4:3:. This runs the test 7 times to detect leaks. The following tests have problems under this mode:
- Confirmed failing tests:
- Unconfirmed failing tests:
test_tcl - _tkinter.TclError: Calling Tk_Init again after a previous call failed might deadlock
- Leaking tests:
- test_poplib - leaked [0, -7, -111] references, sum=-118 ?!?!
- test_urllib2_localnet (leaks random amounts)
test_os - leak when run after doing "sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches" to get cold-cache behaviour.
Tests Failing on Some Platforms Only
- test_ossaudiodev (64-bit)
test_coding (cygwin and some gentoo) - UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe1 in position 105: ordinal not in range(128)
- test_marshal (cygwin)
- test_normalization (gentoo) - same as test_coding. On the machine they fail on, locale.getlocale() is (None, None)
Other Conditional Failures
- test_shelve fails when the default database chosen by anydbm is bsddb. It works with dbm, gdbm and (presumably) with ndbm (all of which are very similar).