The Portland Oregon Python User Group meets every second Tuesday.
- When: Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 6:30pm
- Where: Webtrends Portland
- 851 SW 6th Ave. Suite 1600 Portland, OR 97205
Michel's Monthly Module (hashlib & hmac) by Adam Lowry
Intro to Bitten (http://bitten.edgewall.org/) by John Hampton
Mailing list: email@example.com
- IRC: #pdxpython on Freenode
We have a Meetup group with a local calendar, feeds and automated event reminders.
Need to contact an organizer? <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Future Topics for 2009
- Web frameworks: Django, Pylons, and more
- Unit testing in Py3k, Doctest, web testing
- Standard library module roulette!
- Google App Engine
- Performance testing for web apps
- Add anything you want to talk about!
September 8th 2009
- Pythonic book raffle
Michel's Monthly Module (ConfigParser) by Kyle Jones
- Solace by special guest Armin Ronacher
- "Preeminent Python Packaging Presentation" by Michael Schurter
August 11th, 2009
July 14th, 2009
- Social meeting!
June 16th, 2009
- Module of the Month (Michel Pelletier)
- Screen Scraping (Joel Bernstein)
- Glashammer (Kevin Turner)
- Development Environments (Jeff Schwaber)
- Cython (Michael Schurter)
- Urban Edibles (Michael Bunsen)
- XML-RPC (Igal Koshevoy)
- SimpleHTTPServer (Reid Beels)
May 12th, 2009
- Practical Distributed Version Control
- bzr, git, hg, code hosting, patch reviews, more!
April 14th 2009
Recap of PyCon
- Planning of new pdxpython.org
March 10th 2009
- Short intro to PyTyrant/Tokyo Tyrant/Tokyo Cabinet by Michael Schurter
PyParsing examples by Brett Carter
- Machine Learning topics by John Melesky
February 10th 2009
- VPython (Kirby Urner)
- Zine, the New Python Blog Software (Jason Kirtland)
- Werkzeug (Adam Lowry)
January 13th 2009
- Metaclasses (John Melesky)
- deque overview (Michel Pelletier)
- Tricks with dicts (Jason Kirtland)
- Natural Language Processing (Monica Toth)
December 9th 2008
- Winter Coders' Social!
November 11th 2008
- Michel: Coroutines in Python
- Michael: formencode, Django forms
- Adam: WTForms
- Jason: flatland
October 14th 2008
- Python Release Party! D.I.Y. What's New in 2.6 and 3.0
Thanks Adam, Brett, Igal, Jason, Kirby, Matt, Michel & Reid
September 9th, 2008
- Brett: Building and Distributing Python Eggs
- Leo Soto: Django on Jython
August 12th, 2008
- Beer and Bytecode
July 8th, 2008
- Framework vs Toolkit!
Rami & Roman: Django
Michel: Twisted & Werkzeug
June 10th, 2008
- Michael: Django
Igal: TurboGears & Pylons
- Jason: WSGI
- Michel: Twisted
- Pizza courtesy of Vidoop! Books courtesy of O'Reilly!
May 13th 2008
- Matt: Configuration files and AST transformations
April 8th 2008
Jason: Decorators/inspect/code generation inspectexec
March 11th 2008
- Discussion: Testing methodologies
February 12th 2008
January 8th 2008
Cozy round-table discussions about PySoy, GUI frameworks, web frameworks and GUI vs. Web.
December 11th 2007
- First annual December Coders' Bash!
- Food, Beer, Games and Socializing
- Geek discussions of many different geek flavors(tm)
Many thanks to Sam Keen of PDXPHP, our own Jeff Schwaber, and all the other individuals who helped put this party together for their hard work. It was an incredible turnout, and everyone had a fabulous time!
November 13th 2007
Brett: Converting HTML forms to PDF forms with ReportLab
Kirby: Open Source and Health Care / BarCamp Alpha
- Jeff: Simplicity
Chris: Django NewForms
Pizza provided by Kavi! Thank you, Kavi (and Adam, and Brett)!
October 9th, 2007
- Small group discussions-
Beginning Python, ReportLab, Mercurial, web frameworks and unit testing.
September 11th, 2007
- Kevin defects to the Ruby Coding Dojo!
Kirby: P4E (Programming for Everyone)
Kirby: Programming the Tux Droid
Mark: PIL Projects
August 14th, 2007
July 10th, 2007
- Intro to debugging with PDB
- Web automation with mechanize
- A Python frontend for a microcontroller
SQLAlchemy in 5 (ok, 20) minutes slides, video
June 12th, 2007
May 11, 2007
May 8, 2007
- We exist!