|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|The Portland Oregon Python User Group meets every second Tuesday.
= Next Meeting =
* When: Tuesday, February 9th 2009, 6:30pm
* Where: Webtrends Portland
851 SW 6th Ave.
Portland, OR 97205
* Michel's Monthly Module (dateutil) - by Michel P. himself, this month! Yay!
* Cool Tools! Lightning(ish) talks about cool tools.
* I Hate Passwords: ssh-copy-id, ssh config, and managing multiple keys (Chris Pitzer)
* Play Nice: virtualenv, pip, ipython, with a special guest appearance from ipdb (Chris Pitzer)
* bpython: a replacement for ipython, and how to integrate it with Django and virtualenv (Chris McDonald)
* Bring a short talk about your own favorite tool, and please add yourself here!
= Resources =
* Mailing list: [[http://email@example.com]]
* IRC: #pdxpython on Freenode
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/pdxpython
* We have a [[http://python.meetup.com/183/|Meetup]] group with a local calendar, feeds and automated event reminders.
* Need to contact an organizer? <firstname.lastname@example.org>
= Future Topics for 2010 =
* Web frameworks: Django, Pylons, and more
* Unit testing in Py3k, Doctest, web testing
* Standard library module roulette!
* Google App Engine
* Performance testing for web apps
* Add anything you want to talk about!
= Past Meetings =
== January 12th 2009 ==
* Michel's Monthly Module (future by Jason Kirtland)
* Geohash: Michel Pelletier
* Psycopg2 and PostGIS: Webb Sprague
* GeoDjango: Tim Welch
== October 13th 2009 ==
* Michel's Monthly Module (hashlib & hmac) by Adam Lowry
* Intro to Bitten (http://bitten.edgewall.org/) by John Hampton ([[http://elderberrypy.org/raw-attachment/wiki/WikiStart/PDX%20Python%20Bitten%20Presentation.pdf|slides]])
== September 8th 2009 ==
* Pythonic book raffle
* Michel's Monthly Module (ConfigParser) by Kyle Jones
* Solace by special guest Armin Ronacher
* "Preeminent Python Packaging Presentation" by Michael Schurter
== August 11th, 2009 ==
* [[http://opensourcebridge.org/proposals/243|Testing in a Python World]]
* Pizza & beer sponsored by [[http://www.myemma.com/|Emma]]
== July 14th, 2009 ==
* Social meeting!
== June 16th, 2009 ==
* Module of the Month (Michel Pelletier)
* Screen Scraping (Joel Bernstein)
* Glashammer (Kevin Turner)
* Development Environments (Jeff Schwaber)
* Cython (Michael Schurter)
* Urban Edibles (Michael Bunsen)
* XML-RPC (Igal Koshevoy)
* SimpleHTTPServer (Reid Beels)
== May 12th, 2009 ==
* Practical Distributed Version Control
* bzr, git, hg, code hosting, patch reviews, more!
== April 14th 2009 ==
* Recap of PyCon
* Planning of new pdxpython.org
== March 10th 2009 ==
* Short intro to PyTyrant/Tokyo Tyrant/Tokyo Cabinet by Michael Schurter
* PyParsing examples by Brett Carter
* Machine Learning topics by John Melesky
== February 10th 2009 ==
* VPython (Kirby Urner)
* Zine, the New Python Blog Software (Jason Kirtland)
* Werkzeug (Adam Lowry)
== January 13th 2009 ==
* Metaclasses (John Melesky)
* deque overview (Michel Pelletier)
* Tricks with dicts (Jason Kirtland)
* Natural Language Processing (Monica Toth)
== December 9th 2008 ==
* Winter Coders' Social!
== November 11th 2008 ==
* Michel: Coroutines in Python
* Michael: formencode, Django forms
* Adam: WTForms
* Jason: flatland
== October 14th 2008 ==
* Python Release Party! D.I.Y. What's New in 2.6 and 3.0
* Thanks Adam, Brett, Igal, Jason, Kirby, Matt, Michel & Reid
== September 9th, 2008 ==
* Brett: Building and Distributing Python Eggs
* Mark: [[http://democracylab.org|DemocracyLab]]
* Leo Soto: Django on Jython
== August 12th, 2008 ==
* Beer and Bytecode
== July 8th, 2008 ==
* Framework vs Toolkit!
* Rami & Roman: Django
* Michel: Twisted & Werkzeug
== June 10th, 2008 ==
* Michael: Django
* Igal: !TurboGears & Pylons
* Jason: WSGI
* Michel: Twisted
* Pizza courtesy of Vidoop! Books courtesy of O'Reilly!
== May 13th 2008 ==
* Adam: [[http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.rml|z3c.rml]]
* Matt: Configuration files and AST transformations
== April 8th 2008 ==
* Jason: Decorators/inspect/code generation [[http://discorporate.us/jek/python/inspectexec.py|inspectexec]]
* Jason: [[http://discorporate.us/projects/sliderepl/|sliderepl]]
* Mark: [[http://ipython.scipy.org/|ipython]]
* Discussion: AppEngine
== March 11th 2008 ==
* Michel: [[http://labix.org/mocker|Mocker]]
* Discussion: Testing methodologies
== February 12th 2008 ==
* Jason: [[http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv|virtualenv]]
* Kirk: [[http://www.pysoy.org/|PySoy]]
== January 8th 2008 ==
* Cozy round-table discussions about [[http://www.pysoy.org/|PySoy]], GUI frameworks, web frameworks and GUI vs. Web.
== December 11th 2007 ==
* First annual December Coders' Bash!
* Food, Beer, Games and Socializing
* Geek discussions of many different geek flavors(tm)
* Many thanks to Sam Keen of [[http://pdxphp.org/|PDXPHP]], our own Jeff Schwaber, and all the other individuals who helped put this party together for their hard work. It was an incredible turnout, and everyone had a fabulous time!
== November 13th 2007 ==
* Brett: Converting HTML forms to PDF forms with ReportLab
* Kirby: Open Source and Health Care / BarCamp Alpha
* Jeff: Simplicity
* Chris: Django NewForms
* Pizza provided by [[http://www.kavi.com/home|Kavi]]! Thank you, Kavi (and Adam, and Brett)!
== October 9th, 2007 ==
* Small group discussions-
* Beginning Python, [[http://www.reportlab.org|ReportLab]], Mercurial, web frameworks and unit testing.
== September 11th, 2007 ==
* Kevin defects to the Ruby Coding Dojo!
* Jason: [[http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/DivmodPyflakes|PyFlakes]]
* Kirby: [[http://www.python.org/cp4e/|P4E]] (Programming for Everyone)
* Kirby: [[http://www.tuxisalive.com/|Programming the Tux Droid]]
* Mark: [[http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/|PIL Projects]]
== August 14th, 2007 ==
* Extending Python with D via [[http://www.dsource.org/projects/pyd|pyd]]
* OSCON wrap-up: [[http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/pycon2007/Py3k2007PyCon.ppt|Python 3000]] (.ppt) and [[http://python.net/~goodger/projects/pycon/2007/idiomatic/|Code Like a Pythonista]]
== July 10th, 2007 ==
* Intro to debugging with PDB
* Web automation with mechanize
* A Python frontend for a microcontroller
* SQLAlchemy in 5 (ok, 20) minutes [[http://discorporate.us/jek/python/|slides, video]]
== June 12th, 2007 ==
== May 11, 2007 ==
== May 8, 2007 ==
* We exist!
|48 year-old First Assistance Trainer Murray Gilfillan from New Dundee, spends time with passions which includes pottery, Hack and cake decorating. Loves to travel and was encouraged after visiting Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: Pilgrimage Park.<<BR>>
my weblog :: hacked arcade games flappy bird ([[http://www.egcw-dpac.org/3-ways-game-hack-will-improve-your-sex-life/|relevant web site]])
48 year-old First Assistance Trainer Murray Gilfillan from New Dundee, spends time with passions which includes pottery, Hack and cake decorating. Loves to travel and was encouraged after visiting Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: Pilgrimage Park.
my weblog :: hacked arcade games flappy bird (relevant web site)