- Develop toolchain to make testing better and more helpful to non-CPython implementations.
Function to specify what module is being tested. This allows ImportErrors for modules required for testing to cause the test to fail, not skip the testing.
- Function to specify what OSs the module being tested is expected to work on.
- Function to specify if the module being tested is "optional" (i.e., reasonable to not have built).
Decorators (method and class) to classify tests; OS, known failure, implementation detail or not, etc. Helpful for PyPy et. al. so they know they don't need to test something (e.g., refcount specifics).
- Make unittest not print the docstring of a test instead of the method name when running a test.
- Create effective and stable tests for server/client bits of the standard library.