Email: <tw AT waldmann-edv DOT de>
IRC: I am often on #moin and #moin-dev on chat.freenode.net (and also on #python, #python.de, ...). I don't use a nickname, but just ThomasWaldmann.
I am the MoinMoin wiki project administrator and joined the PSF in 2009.
If you have any moin questions / wishes, just ask.
Ideas for PSF wiki
more people could create their personal home page, so it is linked from RecentChanges when they do edits
- or, alternatively, they could check the option in their user settings to publish their email there instead
- when creating your homepage, make sure you subscribe to it, so when somebody puts something there for you, you'll get notified by email
- 1.7.1 is a bit old already (debian?), 1.8.x would look a bit fresher ("modernized" theme)
- this is nothing pressing, but if folks here would be happy with something fresher, I offer to help with upgrading
- this wiki is using xapian indexed search. xapian is for sure faster than the non-indexed standard search of moin, but as the PSF wiki does not have many pages, maybe the non-indexed search would be fast enough and work better (indexed search can only find stuff that was put into the index, the slow search also can find any substrings).
- if indexing of file attachments is important, stay with xapian as the slow search can't search attachments
- action menu:
has CopyPage - the semantics of this action are a bit strange, if you do not really use it, maybe rather disable it
- does have "Load", but not "Save" - did people confuse "Save" with saving in the editor or why?
rst parser usage - hey, there seem to be some ReST users here! I have been (unsuccessfully) trying for a while to get some maintainer for the rst parser in MoinMoin, it definitely needs some more love but noone of the current moin devs is using it in production.
PSF membership application form
When filling out that stuff, I found it a bit uncomfortable that I had to paste stuff from a web page into a document. I am attaching the document I created in the hope it will be useful (if you use it, I suggest you use the .odt version except if someone manages to make a PDF with a form that can be filled out on the computer - you don't want to read the typical geek's handwriting!):
BTW, for the non-native english speaker it might be a bit unclear what you want to hear on the "affiliation" line. Is that my favourite python project? My company? My Python User Group? Something else? I looked up that word in a dictionary, but even after that, I couldn't make too much sense of it (I put "MoinMoin Wiki" in there, hoping that this is what PSF wanted to hear).