The purpose of this working group is to support the larger efforts of improving and maintaining the packaging ecosystem in Python through fundraising and disbursement of raised funds. It will largely focus on efforts such as PyPI, pip, packaging.python.org, setuptools, and cross project efforts.
- Discussion: Slack and mailing list. The archives will be set to private since there will be voting.
- Accounting: We will rely on the PSF's donation and accounting mechanisms to raise funds and disburse them to the selected recipients.
- Support the implementation & deployment of Warehouse (PyPI 2.0) to replace the legacy code base that powers PyPI. See the PSF blog post about the MOSS grant.
- Donald Stufft
- Ewa Jodlowska
- Nathaniel J. Smith
- Nick Coghlan
- Nicole Harris
- Sumana Harihareswara
- Ernest W. Durbin III
- Dustin Ingram
- Mark Mangoba
- Kenneth Reitz
- Laura Hampton (non-voting member)
- (others will be added as they accept their invitation to the WG)
Decisions on what fundraising and projects/efforts to support will be done by a simple majority and in the case of a tie, will escalate to the PSF Board.