Monday, March 26th meeting notes
Present [Nicole unavailable]:
Blocked on anything? Announcements?
will be reviewing PRs - starting with GitHub-Flavored Markdown
- unavailable Friday but working with Donald
note: this week & next week, lots of people unavailable/working less
- XMLRPC caching is all set!
- Simple redirects have been going super well overall, Artifactory only lingering issue but JFrog has responded
- Docs Destroy shipped \o/, needs minor refactor
- Docs redirect functionality planned for this week
- A couple backend migrations planned
- SES for email instead of Mailgun (Donald lead, will be supporting) (consolidating services)
- Elasticache Redis instead of AMQP for Celery Broker (consolidating services)
- Monitoring, Metrics, Load Testing, etc! We're looking _great_ though!!!
- Primarily off radar next week!
- [infra] credits are good for 18 months
- notification bars
- [redacted anti-spam note]
- reduced how often we issue purges - removed per-action purges from common models
- this week, fairly unavailable for MOSS-funded Warehouse work, but will review Jon Parrot's GFM stuff
- NLnet Grant (April 1): - due this week
- review part of grant "compare project with existing projects"
- FB Grant (March 31st): due this week - Mark will try to finish draft by Wed, submit Fri
PEP 541 Finalized: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0541/
Needs licenses and binaries for HashiCorp from Ernest (not high priority)
- When can we announce [infra] credits? - PSF drafting a letter to [other] contact - that they will be getting PSF infra
Packaging WG approving fund reallocation -- Ernest & Dustin, could you project your current end dates based on that? Yes
Mark: Facebook & NLNet grants: see above
User support ticket system https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/3231
- Sumana asks: prioritize higher?
look for a support queue instead of GitHub issues
- find inexpensive commercial solution and pay for out of Packaging WG funds
- build a simple queue into Warehouse?
- Resolution: revisit in 2 weeks when team is reassembled, see who has time to investigate
Need from Donald
- transparent [sponsor] logo (sponsor really, Ernest can email our contact)
Ernest & Dustin - project end dates based on updated fund allocation
- review part of NL Net grant "compare project with existing projects" - Mark will grab from Open Tech Fund application
- trim NL Net grant application since we can only ask for $35,000 - SH will do, coordinate with Ernest
Mark needs licenses and binaries for HashiCorp from Ernest (not high priority)