← Revision 10 as of 2008-11-15 14:00:51
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
|* OrphanedPages show pages wthat aren't referenced by WikiName.||* OrphanedPages show pages that aren't referenced by WikiName.|
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
|* "attachment:myfile.txt" allows to add a link to an attachment.||* "[[attachment:myfile.txt]]" allows to add a link to an attachment.|
Setting language to Deutsch in UserPreferences results in german emails.
If you log in using the UserPreferences link at the top right, you can set several useful user options and are known by your name.
The menu bar can be changed in UserPreferences.
The size of the editor window can be changed in UserPreferences.
Setting the language to "de" in your browser or UserPreferences allows to change the menues and help pages to german.
The CSS style sheet can be changed to an arbitrary URL in UserPreferences.
Setting the bookmark in RecentChanges allows to keep track of changes since the last visit.
Using a WikiBadge helps in keeping a clear overview.
CategoryCategory list all available categories
Use WikiNames ALWAYS in singular, otherwise, multiple pages for a topic are created.
- Sign comments with "@ SIG @" (without the blanks).
- Don't hesitate to add content - you can't break anything as pages are automatically saved.
The SpellCheck link at the bottom of a page allows you to check your spelling (who would've thought of that).
"myfile.txt" allows to add a link to an attachment.
Email addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org are converted to a link.
Web addresses like http://www.python.org are converted to a link.
- Links to images or image attachments are displayed on the page rather than as a link.
- Don't add new pages if the topic fits into a few lines on an existing page
- Wikis are great - especially after having read the help. 8)
WikiWiki = hawaiian for "quick".
- The magnifyer glass can be used to search titles or the page text. Even regular expressions can be used.
- The letter icon can be used to subscribe to pages.
- The blue and red glasses show the differences between versions.
- The info icon show the history of a page.
- Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!