Introducing Python (small version) Quicktime .mov
Python Yoda avi
This seems to be the original source for Yoda on Python: http://www.python.org/doc/humor/#python-vs-perl-according-to-yoda
A morality tale of Perl versus Python
rec.humor.funny - 3 Nov 1999 by email@example.com
- EXTERIOR: DAGOBAH--DAY
- With Yoda strapped to his back, Luke climbs up one of the many thick vines that grow in the swamp until he reaches the Dagobah statistics lab. Panting heavily, he continues his exercises--grepping, installing new packages, logging in as root, and writing replacements for two-year-old shell scripts in Python.
- Code! Yes. A programmer's strength flows from code maintainability. But beware of Perl. Terse syntax... more than one way to do it... default variables. The dark side of code maintainability are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you when code you write. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
- Is Perl better than Python?
- No... no... no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
- But how will I know why Python is better than Perl?
- You will know. When your code you try to read six months from now.