checklist for holding pycon India 2011
These are some points to be taken into consideration. Please add to this.
- free hosting by an engineering/other college
- 3 AC auditoriums with projectors and power outlets.
- one room for speakers to gather - with power outlets, tables and chairs
- one room for volunteers and organisers to gather and coordinate
- one or more rooms for BOFs and sprints
- at least one lab with sufficient machines for tutorials - more would be welcome
- copious signs directing people to the various rooms
- at least one senior staff member - preferably enthusiastic about python - from the college side
- a good number of local volunteers - again preferably with some interest in python
- scope for audience from the hosting college
- availability of hostel accomodation for attending students
- availability of guesthouse/guestrooms for out station speakers
- transport arrangements
- available rooms/auditoriums in fairly close proximity to each other