Text of this form is shamelessly but gratefully stolen from PyCon, http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/release/
Recording Release Agreement
PyOhio presentations may be recorded for release over the internet. Presenters must give permission to PyOhio to record, edit, and release audio and/or video of your presentation.
You agree to the following legalese, which certifies that you are the author of your presentation, or otherwise allowed to present it at PyOhio, and it allows PyOhio 1) to perform the necessary audio and video editing needed to prepare your presentation, and 2) to distribute the recordings to other people, including on YouTube and Google Video. It also allows other people to watch the recordings.
I certify that I, the Submitter, am authorized to license this proposal and its associated presentation (the "User Submission") to PyOhio for use in association with PyOhio 2010. Specifically:
- I, the Submitter, certify that I am either the copyright owner of the User Submission or an authorized licensee of the copyright owner. If I am an authorized licensee of the copyright owner, I certify that I have sublicensable distribution rights.
- Submitter hereby grants PyOhio a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright), sublicensable and transferable license to exercise the rights in the User Submission as follows:
- PyOhio is granted a license to reproduce the User Submission, to incorporate the User Submission into one or more Collective Works, and to reproduce the User Submission as incorporated in the Collective Works;
- PyOhio is granted a license to create and reproduce Derivative Works;
- PyOhio is granted a license to distribute copies or phonorecords of, display publicly, perform publicly, and perform publicly by means of a digital audio transmission the User Submission including as incorporated in Collective Works; and
- PyOhio is granted a license to distribute copies or phonorecords of, display publicly, perform publicly, and perform publicly by means of a digital audio transmission Derivative Works.
- Submitter waives the exclusive right to collect, whether individually or via a performance-rights society, royalties for the public digital performance of the User Submission, subject to the compulsory license created by 17 U.S.C. Section 114 (or the equivalent in other jurisdictions).
- Submitter specifically affirms the right to perform the User Submissions on PyOhio's web sites or on other web sites designated by PyOhio (including, but not necessarily limited to YouTube and Google Video).
- Submitter also hereby grants each person receiving the User Submissions distributed by PyOhio a non-exclusive license to access, use, display, and perform the User Submissions in a non-commercial, private context.