PyCon India 2010 Hosting Proposal
'We are looking forward for a host who makes PyCon India 2010 bigger and better than ever!'
Note: The Indian Python Software Society is only interested in conference proposals that are led by either Python communities or educational institutions who are active in the Python community, such as user groups, Python consulting firms, institutional Python users, etc.
PyCon India 2010 is scheduled to be held on September 25 – 26, 2010.
This document is call for proposals to host Python Conference 2010. This document contains specific guidance on the elements of a conference proposal, conference requirements, locations, and the schedule for the Python Conference 2010 selection process.
The first PyCon India (2009) was held at IISc, Bangalore.
Conference Vision and Goals
Python conferences are annual gathering of the India Python software community. Python conferences are an opportunity for the vast and diverse Python community to forge new relationships and catch up with old friends, learn from each other, and recharge the wellsprings of creativity and innovation that power the Python community possess.
Required elements of a Python Conference hosting proposal
- Information about your proposed venue: capacity, rooms, multimedia facilities/support, etc.
- Plan for providing reliable wireless internet access for conference attendees
- Information about logistics, accommodations, etc at your proposed location (and adjoining areas).
- Team of volunteers and a event coordinator (preferably a senior staff member) who will work with the Python community in preparation and successful running of the conference.
- Conference will be branded in all PR activities including official web site as “Indian Python Software Society in association with [the host] ”
Python conference requirements
- Venue must be able to accommodate 500 people (one large auditorium which can hold around 300 people, 2 smaller rooms that can hold a hundred each and one extra room where participants can collaborate/code on their own projects).
- Venue must have a plenary room capable of accommodating all attendees, plus breakout rooms for 2-3 tracks and informal gathering space
- Reliable wireless access capable of accommodating all conference attendees simultaneously
- Appropriate audio-visual support (e.g. sound, projectors, etc.)
- Optional but preferred, catering facility ( participants will pay for their food)
Suggested conference design
We strongly encourage prospective conference host to include the following elements in their conference design
- 2 days of conference time
- 1 day before the conference for preparation of the conference.
- 2 weekends for introductory python training to interested staff and students to learn the basics of Python language. This is a bridge course and is aimed at empowering the community with in the host to get the best benefit out of the conference.
How to respond to the proposal
Please get your event coordinator and volunteer/student coordinator to join the mailing list for the Python India conference <inPyCon@python.org>
- Please send us a letter of intent confirming the availability of above mentioned facilities and resources.