|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 66:||Line 66:|
|* ? update if you were there|| * Michel: [http://labix.org/mocker Mocker]
* Discussion: Testing methodologies
Table of Contents: TableOfContents
- When: Tuesday, August 12th 2008 at 7pm
- What: TBD
- Beer afterward at the Produce Row Cafe.
The [http://code.arlim.org/wiki/ Portland Code Sprints] have been going strong and by some fluke most of the projects have been in Python. The sprints are great hands-on fun for folks at any level. If you're a beginner with little or no Python experience, come and get paired up with an expert; if you're an expert come and expand your knowledge or share your experience.
- IRC: #pdxpython on Freenode
We have a [http://python.meetup.com/183/ Meetup] group with a local calendar, feeds and automated event reminders.
Need to contact an organizer/snake herder? <email@example.com>
- Organizing a Pacific Northwest regional Python conference
- Web frameworks: Django, Pylons, and more
- Using and extending Trac
- Unit testing, Doctest, web testing
- Standard library module roulette!
- Reportlab / RML
- doctools / LaTeX output and rendering
- Python on Windows / Windows system admin with Python
- unit testing, unittest nose
- More robots!
- Add anything you want to talk about!
July 8th, 2008:
- Framework vs Toolkit!
Rami & Roman: Django
Michel: Twisted & Werkzeug
June 10th, 2008:
- Michael: Django
Igal: TurboGears & Pylons
- Jason: WSGI
- Michel: Twisted
- Pizza courtesy of Vidoop! Books courtesy of O'Reilly!
May 13th 2008:
Adam: [http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.rml z3c.rml]
- Matt: Configuration files and AST transformations
April 8th 2008:
Jason: Decorators/inspect/code generation [http://discorporate.us/jek/python/inspectexec.py inspectexec]
Jason: [http://discorporate.us/projects/sliderepl/ sliderepl]
Mark: [http://ipython.scipy.org/ ipython]
March 11th 2008:
Michel: [http://labix.org/mocker Mocker]
- Discussion: Testing methodologies
February 12th 2008:
- ? update if you were there
January 8th 2008:
December 11th 2007:
- First annual December Coders' Bash!
- Food, Beer, Games and Socializing
- Geek discussions of many different geek flavors(tm)
Many thanks to Sam Keen of [http://pdxphp.org/ PDXPHP], our own Jeff Schwaber, and all the other individuals who helped put this party together for their hard work. It was an incredible turnout, and everyone had a fabulous time!
November 13th 2007:
Brett: Converting HTML forms to PDF forms with ReportLab
Kirby: Open Source and Health Care / BarCamp Alpha
- Jeff: Simplicity
Chris: Django NewForms
Pizza provided by [http://www.kavi.com/home Kavi]! Thank you, Kavi (and Adam, and Brett)!
October 9th, 2007:
- Small group discussions-
September 11th, 2007:
- Kevin defects to the Ruby Coding Dojo!
Kirby: [http://www.python.org/cp4e/ P4E] (Programming for Everyone)
Kirby: [http://www.tuxisalive.com/ Programming the Tux Droid]
Mark: [http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/ PIL Projects]
August 14th, 2007:
Extending Python with D via [http://www.dsource.org/projects/pyd pyd]
OSCON wrap-up: [http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/pycon2007/Py3k2007PyCon.ppt Python 3000] (.ppt) and [http://python.net/~goodger/projects/pycon/2007/idiomatic/ Code Like a Pythonista]
July 10th, 2007:
- Intro to debugging with PDB
- Web automation with mechanize
- A Python frontend for a microcontroller
SQLAlchemy in 5 (ok, 20) minutes [http://discorporate.us/jek/python/ slides, video]