Updated for next meeting
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
|From the September meeting, roughly in "order":
* Trac, Mercurial and version control with Python
* Non-trivial Doctest usage
* Go over standard library modules
* Reportlab / RML
* Web Frameworks super session
* doctools / LaTeX output and rendering
* Python on Windows / Windows system admin with Python
* unit testing, unittest nose
|Line 50:||Line 65:|
We've recently re-formed the Portland Python group thanks to interest built up on the Meetup page and through the efforts of [http://python.meetup.com/183/members/1755741/ Brad Allen]. It's still very early days- please help us spread the word that Portland Python is back!
Table of Contents: TableOfContents ,
- When: Tuesday, October 9th 2007 at 7pm
- What: Lightning talks!
- add yours here!
- IRC: #pdxpython on Freenode
We have a [http://python.meetup.com/183/ Meetup] group with a local calendar, feeds and automated event reminders.
From the September meeting, roughly in "order":
- Trac, Mercurial and version control with Python
- Non-trivial Doctest usage
- Go over standard library modules
- Reportlab / RML
- Web Frameworks super session
- doctools / LaTeX output and rendering
- Python on Windows / Windows system admin with Python
- unit testing, unittest nose
- More robots!
- Code reviews
- Beginning Python
- Code sprints (not just python!)
[http://laptop.org OLPC] - One Laptop Per Child
- Pylons/TurboGears integration
- Add anything you want to talk about!
September 11th, 2007:
- Kevin defects to the Ruby Coding Dojo!
Kirby: [http://www.python.org/cp4e/ P4E] (Programming for Everyone)
Kirby: [http://www.tuxisalive.com/ Programming the Tux Droid]
Mark: [http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/ PIL Projects]
August 14th, 2007:
Extending Python with D via [http://www.dsource.org/projects/pyd pyd]
OSCON wrap-up: [http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/pycon2007/Py3k2007PyCon.ppt Python 3000] (.ppt) and [http://python.net/~goodger/projects/pycon/2007/idiomatic/ Code Like a Pythonista]
July 10th, 2007:
- Intro to debugging with PDB
- Web automation with mechanize
- A Python frontend for a microcontroller
SQLAlchemy in 5 (ok, 20) minutes [http://discorporate.us/jek/python/ slides, video]