Pysetup Sprint 2011-04-28 to 2011-05-01
Join members from the 'Pip' team as we work on completing the pysetup script and review the packaging(distutils2) API!
See the sprint goals for details.
Start at 9:00am EST on 2011-04-28.
- Kelsey Hightower (Lead) - Atlanta, USA (online) (4/28 - 5/1)
- Jannis Leidel "jezdez" (pip) - Berlin, Germany (online) (4/28 - 5/1)
- Hugo Lopes Tavares "hugobr" (pip) - Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil (online) (4/28 - 5/1)
- Mathieu Leduc-Hamel "mlhamel" - Montreal, QC, Canada (online) (4/28 - 5/1)
- Carl Meyer "carljm" (pip) - Rapid City, SD, USA (online, as much as I can) (4/28 - 5/1)
- Alexis Metaireau "alexis" (packaging) - Oxford, UK (online) (4/28 - 5/1)
You can participate online by joining the #distutils channel on freenode and adding your name above.
make it easy for 3rd party tools such as pip to integrate with packaging(distutils2) APIs
- gather feedback and create a TODO list
- fix whats broken
- finalize the pysetup feature set and implement missing features
- borrow some idea's from pip
- documentation improvements
- document all pysetup features
- review and update the pysetup tutorial
- review and update API documentation
- make sure all pysetup features work (functional testing)
- update packaging(distutils2) API and pysetup related unittests
Sign the PSF Contributor Agreement
Make sure you sign the PSF agreement and send it back to the PSF.
hg clone https://bitbucket.org/tarek/cpython
How to run tests
hg clone https://bitbucket.org/tarek/cpython cd cpython ./configure --with-pydebug make -s ./python -m test test_packaging
You also can run specifuc tests by doing:
./python -m packaging.tests.test_yourtest
How to build the docs
It seems there is a dependency on svn, make sure have it installed before running 'make html;.
hg clone https://bitbucket.org/tarek/cpython cd cpython/Doc make html
Sprints run a lot better when there are specific things to work on. Specific tasks will be added to this section over the next couple of days.
- Update documentation that distribute is required for preforming "setup.py" based installs or:
- Do not support installing projects that depend on distribute(setuptools)
- improve logging when running pysetup commands
- print() vs logging statements, discuss and normalize
- support running pysetup "actions" on multiple projects arguments
pysetup install tox nose ... install both tox and nose
* Fix failing tests