We'll be doing a sprint starting around 10AM on matplotlib. There aren't a fixed set of topics yet, but please joing a discussion on matplotlib-users or matplotlib-devel if you have some specific ideas, or just add it to the wiki.
We have a list of official goals at http://matplotlib.sf.net/goals.html page and we could try to pick off as many of these as possible. Here are some things of particular interest to me (John Hunter)
- contribute to the user's guide
- support arbitrary clipping paths
- gradient fills for polygons
- provide mathtext fonts that don't have the licensing restrictions
- of bakoma, eg the umbellek fonts
- unicode support / internationalization
- expose latex/tex when available for mathtext rendering
- expose agg drawing primitives (paths, etc) directly.
- mapping and projection utilities
- pygtk/matplotlib/ipython integration: build a gtk widget to embed as a shell in gtk apps
- bonus marks, do it in a way that is backend independent.
- provide an extension code method to blit the agg canvas to wx for wxagg
- add your favorite plot type!
John Hunter <email@example.com>
- John Gill
- Michael Twomey