added rules as comment; added NewLanguagePage link
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
|Links to Python information in Japenese||Links to Python information in Japanese|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
|/* 1SEP09 Ideally, all the language pages should be like the Polish or Turkish pages -
all native language, only the necessary English.
There are some groundrules, some laid down by the site admins, some my
1) Pages must be named in ASCII and English (PolishLanguage)
2) Pages must have an explanation in English at the top (Links to
Python information in <language X>)
3) (my suggestion) We probably want to limit invites to edit the pages
to people we know well, or Pythonistas with a track record. Hopefully
this is inclusive enough without opening the site up to a spam flood
Where these pages really need help:
1) check links, remove broken ones.
2) add new links that are quality Python information and active.
3) some care for languages that have next to nothing, but do have
people in the Python community - even a link to the Wikipedia page for
Python, in that language, is a start (Some are pretty complete and of
high quality - the Russian language Wikipedia page for Python, for
instance, packs a lot in). */
Links to Python information in Japanese
Alan Gauld's Learn to Program using Python is available in Japanese.
Learning Python by Mark Lutz and David Ascher is available in Japanese translation.
The Python Pocket Reference has been translated as well.
Junichi Suzuki wrote a series of articles concerning Python for the Japanese edition of Doctor Dobb's Journal.