IRC Meeting #8
The meeting will take place in the #europython channel on freenode at 19:00 CET on Friday 28th March.
Please look at the minutes from the last meeting for more background information: /IRCMeeting7
Laura, David, Paul, Giovanni, Dinu, Stephan, Marius, John, Harald
- Dinu had posted to the europython-improve mailing list about badges.
The discussion focused around the size of the badges - John will post details to the Wiki - and the means of printing them. Further discussion about the logistics of handling last minute changes to badges will be discussed on the mailing list.
John, Paul, Zeth: to report on setting up a mailing list on europython.org for submissions and making the necessary changes to the Web site.
- Discuss putting out a call for participation/submissions?
David to report back about publicising tutorials on the tutor mailing list.
Marius, Laura: Update on the videoconferencing arrangements.
No word back from Guide/Google about the videoconferencing.
Marius supplied Laura with the contact details of someone at the hotel.
- Talk submission infrastructure:
Paul will mail the python.org postmaster and request a europython-talks list for submissions. Alex Moreati will populate the management system from the list.
Once the list is available, the call for participation can go out.
- Workflow discussion (how the talks will be handled)
David suggests that the program committee work using the as-yet-uncreated mailing list until a management system comes online.
- Paul will report back on any feedback about themes and theme captains.
Useful link: http://www.europython.org/community/Talk_Suggestions
- Christian will report back about copyright assignment forms for filmed contributors.
- Ideas about the refereed papers track.
Laura responded to Giovanni's request for brochures about EuroPython by mentioning that some should be ready by May.
John: Update on the registration page.
John is now waiting for finance information to be able to activate the registration page, and requested information on fees.
Progress of the budget and fees - Laura/Jacob may have obtained more information about this from Aiste.
Payment systems - investigations and discoveries - Laura will report about the current status with WorldPay
- Progress on the processing of last year's surveys
- Discuss the sponsorship of attendees.
The first funding request has come in. Laura tends to handle the requests until funds run out, using various criteria to decide who should get funding.
Discuss the SponsorOffers document.
Jacob and John briefly discussed rates - John didn't see that there needed to be an upper limit.
Offers/packages/candidates - we need more information about costs from the venue for having booths, streamers, etc.
John expressed disappointment at the response from the company he was chasing.
- Publicity/Web site (status of previously discussed fixes/enhancements)
- General discussion (if necessary)
- See the bold sections above...