IRC Meeting #2
The meeting will take place on Thursday 7th February 2008 at 1900 CET in the #europython channel on freenode.
Posted in this message.
- Alex volunteered to help Samuele with reviewing talks
Laura needs help with the budget, but few volunteers were forthcoming without more details. Laura and Aiste, being centrally involved, need to recruit people as needed.
Paul will make attendee figures, distributions available based on more or less public information which he has from Indico. See here for this data.
- Web site
The new public Web site currently resides at http://www.europython.eu/
Currently we've managed to expose some known stability problems which Zeth will hopefully fix.
Some issues were raised with the "navibar", but these should be fixable: it concerns the width and number of entries.
The aim is to announce a call for talks/proposals by the end of February with the capability present to receive proposals.
If nothing more complicated is considered, it was suggested to use an archived mailing list to collect proposals.
Paul will make an announcement about the dates and venue, probably to europython-announce initially.
- Other publicity should be organised via the mailing lists.
- Sprints were not discussed at this meeting.
- Sponsorship was not discussed at this meeting.
- Remaining agenda issues need input from Laura and Aiste and were not discussed.