IRC Meeting #6
The meeting will take place on Monday 16th of April (2007-04-16) 18:00 CEST (17:00 BST, 16:00 UTC/GMT) in the #europython channel on freenode.net. That's 5pm UK time, 6pm in most of Western Europe. The suggested duration of the meeting is at most one hour.
- Aiste will upload a hotel registration form for attendees into CPS.
- People will collaborate on the mailing list or via program at europython.org on the missing theme descriptions.
- europython-announce now carries the Call For Proposals.
- Nicolas will take up contact with ZEA in order to promote the conference in the Zope community; Python411 has been notified; David will get a template from The Python Papers and attempt to submit the article for the next edition; Aiste has issued the announcement to at least some Russian language communities.
- Google have been contacted, but may be contacted again by Michael.
No additional ideas were provided for sponsorship packages, although it was suggested that the existing text could be revised to emphasise Web banner sponsorship, with programme sponsorship not mentioned but possibly replaced with other "attendee bag" advertising.
- Nicolas was going to look at the financial plan to get ideas of sponsorship rates. A general idea of budgetary constraints is needed: attendee rates should be decided, too.
- Attendee materials/packages/bags could be produced, according to Aiste, but this is dependent on sponsorship demand and organiser interest: quotes for printing can only be sought if we know what we want to produce. Nicolas thought that some kind of programme might be useful.
- Finishing the theme descriptions in Indico: "education" and "social skills" are missing; "agile" needs reviewing; suggestions welcome about the others.
- Status of europython-announce.
- Status of contacts: ZEA (Bea), Python411 (David), Python Papers article, Russian translation (Aiste).
- Contact points: revitalising the europython-sponsorship mailing list and providing a sponsorship at europython.org address.
- Web banners!
- Participation of Google, other previous sponsors (Benedikt or Michael).
Ideas about sponsorship packages/levels, rates, facilities: see Aiste's message for details.
Opening times: see Aiste's message for details.
What materials will be given to attendees? At CERN, it was vital to give people maps and site information (as well as badges). See this message about The Python Papers on the topic of "bag inserts".