IRC Meeting #3
The meeting will take place on Wednesday 21st of March (2007-03-21) 18:00 CET (17:00 UTC/GMT) in the #europython channel on freenode.net.
No agenda has been published yet. The following points are likely to be covered:
Status of the EuroPython/2007/CallForProposals
- Fee structure (100 EUR reference point for early bird registration was mentioned)
- Discounts for certain attendee groups
- Catering (costs, format)
- Keynote speakers (besides Guido, of course)
- Offer of more involvement from the PSF
Some more things worth covering, perhaps:
- Sponsorship: is it time to seek sponsors? Consider also Web site banners and other materials.
On discounts and pricing: comparisons with RuPy might be drawn, but I suppose that their 15 EUR student price (and 95 EUR regular price) takes advantage of certain venue factors and other things. That conference also only has two tracks (one Python) over two days (10 hours programme length; 20 "track hours") vs. 3 to 4 tracks over three days for EuroPython 2006 (over 22 hours programme length; over 63 "track hours" including keynotes and lightning talks).