IRC Meeting #16
The meeting will take place on Monday 25th June (2007-06-25) 18:00 CEST (17:00 BST, 16:00 UTC/GMT) in the #europython channel on freenode.net. That's 5pm UK time, 6pm in most of Western Europe. The suggested duration of the meeting is at most one hour.
- Talk slots were "decided long ago" to be 30 minutes long
- Breaks at 30 minutes were deemed acceptable, but with the last break of the day reduced to 15 minutes
- Another talk was added: David Axmark on MySQL optimisation
- A Python 3000 Open Space session was proposed, rather than a panel
- No news was forthcoming on programmes
- A sponsor announcement was proposed - a volunteer with knowledge of all sponsor agreements should do this
- No observations or objections were made to exhibitors selling products
Paul will make an end of online registration announcement (/EuroPython/2007/FinalCallForRegistration)
- Times and durations (length of talks, breaks, sessions)
- Content (more talks, panels, Open Space ideas?)
- More speakers?
- Programmes - any progress?
- Sponsor news
- Exhibitor interest and questions
- Announcements (end of online registration, sponsors, keynotes, a combination?)